Abingdon Gymnastics Club Information
Abingdon Gymnastics Club was formed in 1976. Through its 35 years of operation the club has trained at many venues until recently finding a permanent home in Berinsfield in 2008. The club now boasts the best facilities in Oxford with two purpose built gyms where we hold a wide variety of gymnastics classes. Click here to find out more about the classes we offer.
All of our coaches hold qualifications from British Gymnastics and are all DBS checked. The Club also has GymMark which is provided by British Gymnastics to those clubs that prove they are child friendly and safe. The Club has a written constitution and is presided over by a Board of voluntary directors which meets regularly with the management team. In line with the requirments for the GymMark award we have formal policies for Child Protection, Health and Safety, equal opportunities, Grievances: Click here to read our policies. The club is affiliated to Oxfordshire Gymnastics Association, Southern Region Gymnastics & British Gymnastics.
Abingdon Gymnastics Club boasts the best gymnastics facilities within Oxfordshire. The club offers the following equipment:
• A full sprung competition floor & a ½ size sprung training floor
• 2 full height competition beams & a number of training beams
• 3 sets of asymmetric bars plus 2 adjustable single bars
• A tumble track
• An air track
• 2 sets of parallel bars
• 1 set of competition height rings
• 1 pommel horse plus training tops
• 2 vaulting tables
• A foam pit for training more difficult skills in complete safety and also for fun!